Cover crops SEEDS for over-wintering, Perennial Flowers mix for beneficial insects, Vegetable seeds for permaculture food forest.
You can buy and share with your neighbors and friends. Plz call @Farmer Ayub- 360-489-2830 with specific questions.
Limited supply, NO RAIN CHECKS, First come-First served.
We ordered some of these for our own farm from University of IOWA extension and we are only selling the excess bags. When they are gone, ad will be deleted next day. Advance orders will require advance payment by Apple-pay, Venmo, Cash-app, Paypal, Zelle, Check or Cash. Sorry, we don't take credit cards or EBT yet.
PLEASE call before starting to drive.
ADDRESS FOR THE FARM - DANCING GOATS AND SINGING CHICKENS PERMACULTURE FARM.
14062 YELM HWY SE, YELM, WA- 98597.
$177 each 50# bag.
- Cool Season Soil Builder - Our Cool Season Soil Builder Mix includes 11 different species designed for improving soil organic matter and controlling weeds. This diverse blend of legumes, grasses, brassicas, and broadleaves all work in synergy to build soil. Legumes convert nitrogen in the atmosphere and make it available to other plants while prolific grassroots improve soil aggregation and water infiltration. Brassicas are excellent scavengers of nutrients unavailable to other plants. Broadleaves for their part offer a deep taproot to break up compaction and their flowers attract beneficial insects. This combination leaves no room for weeds to grow to keep your fields clear for your next crop. If you want to improve the quality of your soil, this mix is for you! $177 each 50# bag.
- Overwintering Mix- Our Overwintering Mix is designed to be planted in the fall and overwinter, providing ground cover and a living root throughout the cold winter months. Hairy Vetch, Fixation Balansa Clover and Wyoming Winter Peas are some of the most cold-hearty legumes that will provide organic nitrogen in the spring. Elbon Cereal Rye and P919 Beardless Winter Barley provide a carbon source, massive root growth, and living mulch perfect for rolling or mowing in the spring. This creates a clean planting area for your cash crop to be planted in the spring. Rapeseed is a great forage if you want to graze this mix, but it also provides a great taproot for breaking compacted soils. $177 each 50# bag.
- Beardless Winter Barley-Barley has relatively low water usage compared to other cover crop species, especially during earlier growth stages. Under poor fertility conditions, barley would be a good choice and can help render P & K available for your next crop. Barley provides a good feed quality grain that can be harvested 2-3 weeks earlier than wheat which then allows your double crop/cover to be planted sooner. Compared to oats, barley produces more tillers and vegetation that will remain erect longer after termination. Carbohydrates known as monosaccharides are excrete through the roots to feed the soil biology and barley has been observed to release more monosaccharides than even alfalfa. $177 each 50# bag.
- Buckwheat- Buckwheats vigorous growth habits make it an exceptional choice for a quick establishing crop with superior weed suppression. This is your crop if you desire a crop that flowers quickly and for extended periods of time. Flowering can occur in the first three weeks of growth and continue on for ten weeks. These flowers attract a large array of beneficial and pollinator insects. If soil moisture usage is a concern then buckwheat is a good choice. Buckwheat uses about half as much water as a soybean crop. $177 each 50# bag.
$277 each 50# bag.
- High Diversity Mix-MOST POPULAR and fastest selling mix -Maximize your diversity in a bag with this season long blend. Here we combine cool and warm season species for a blend that can provide flexibility throughout the growing season. Each species growth is different than the next so you can enjoy watching the mix naturally succeed. Challenge yourself by trying to identify the seed and then again when the plants obtain some growth. SEEDS INCLUDED- 4010 Spring Pea, Common Vetch, Cowpeas (Iron & Clay), Golden Flax, Indian Head Spring Lentil, Kentucky Pride Crimson Clover, Ladino White Clover, Mammoth Red Clover, Mancan Buckwheat, MT Hairy Vetch, White Proso Millet, Yellow Blossom Sweet Clover, Bayou Rape Hybrid Kale, Faba Beans, Impact Forage Collards, Japanese Millet Blend, Marvel Chickpea, Mung Beans, Trophy Rapeseed, Austrian Winter Pea, Nitro Radish, Sunn Hemp, Yankee Cereal Rye, 5518 Hutchinson Blend Soybeans, AS6401 SxS, Boston Plantain, Brown Top Millet, Catjang cowpea, Endure Chicory, Hayden Spring Oats (Certified), Indian Gold Mustard, Kodiak Brown Mustard, Okra, Pearl Millet, Piper Sudangrass, Red Ripper Cowpeas, Sunflowers, Sweet Forever Sorghum Sudan, White Gold Mustard, White Wonder Millet, Wildlife Habitat Blend Grain Sorghum. $277 each 50# bag.
- Mycorrhizal Mix- Our Mycorrhizal Mix is designed to create the perfect environment for mycorrhi